As a Conscious Parent, one of the things that I am adamant about is what my son eats. Yesterday when I went to pick him up after work, a family friend had given him a snack that was highly processed with corn, soy, and a handful of chemically derived ingredients. Printed on the front of the bag of junk was, “No Trans Fats.” What a joke! I was outraged because I cannot believe that this company and many others out there have no regard as to what these chemicals are causing in our children’s body, their market. It is up to us to read labels and ask questions that redefine the “modern” definition of food.
Just because it can be swallowed does not make it food. Eating chemical ridden food not only does not have ANY nutritional value, but it destroys your body. Everyday we have a choice to choose what we put in our mouths. It’s a pendulum that either brings us more LIFE or closer to DEATH. Our children may be too young to understand this. It is up to you and I to make this choice for them until they are old enough to be educated that Real food gives LIFE to the body. Knowledge is Power. Here’s what you should look for when you are reading labels:
- The less ingredients the better.
- The Certified Non-GMO label.
- Choose Organic.
- If you can’t pronounce it, it probably shouldn’t be eaten.
- Make sure you know what all the ingredients are.
- Natural is always better.
- Avoid products with corn or soy (unless they are non-GMO).
- Non-GMO corn and soy are not nutritious, eat sparingly.
- Avoid artificial coloring.
- Avoid any artificial sugars: sweet and low, Splenda, etc.
- Avoid anything artificial!
Getting in the habit of reading labels before purchasing anything takes seconds. Choose to make time for health today, because Dis-ease and sickness are never convenient. Eat food, not chemicals.